Integrity Advantage: Insurance for your equipment
- Sign up and install equipment
- No minimum processing applicable for new on boarded merchants.
- Upgrades: Occurs when
- Merchants upgrade to a new equipment
- If the terminal manufacturer stops supporting the equipment
- A nominal fee of $125 is applicable
- Min amount of $5000 must be processed for existing customers.
- Breakage: Occurs when machines fail
- Faulty equipments due to wear and tear
- Damaged due to moving shop
- Whatever the reason, we replace one equipment per year – free of cost.
- Please note you can’t upgrade. It’s a swap – machine to machine, model to model.
- Ideally, the equipment must reach the merchant the next morning.
Our range of products is easy to use. These equipments are very intuitive for merchants to use easily.
- Verifone VX520
- PAX S80
- INGENICO ICT220
Merchants are able to:
- Avail 1 terminal, one pin per MID
- Incase if your terminal is faulty, you can swap the same kind of equipment.
- You cannot replace a different model as it’s coded and you will need Money Man 4 Integrity to set it up for you. The best path is to request an upgrade.
When equipment is installed at the merchant outlet, it is set up in a way where it is associated to a serial number. So for efficient equipment returns process, the Integrity sends a call tag to the merchant, who then gives the terminal to the UPS, at last the Integrity, receives the terminal with the tracking.
Call tracking is associated with a serial number. Businesses and sales reps are requested not to take this up on yourself to send the terminal yourself- however urgent or crucial it is.
Example: “Doe Jane café” is associated with Cafe123 as serial number. Moving this to another location without the correct serial number is going to create a lot of confusion.